TreeStewards Arlington and Alexandria invite you to a free 90 minute walk and talk on all things trees in your neighborhood. We’ll show you examples of tree care in the neighborhood and discuss the following questions:
- What trees are appropriate for planting near power lines?
- What is the dollar benefit of trees in reducing air conditioning?
- How close to my house or street can I plant my tree?
- Will tree roots damage my home’s foundation?
- Do I need to mulch, and how much is the right amount?
- Should I choose a native or non-native tree?
- How much water do newly planted trees and established mature trees need?
TreeSteward volunteers will be available at the event to answer your questions. Just show up (no RSVP necessary).
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Wakefield High School
Dinwiddie St. S., Arlington, VA
Enter parking lot from Dinwiddie to swimming pool.
Contact info@TreeStewards.org for more information.